Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Suspense is Over!

I have to say that they certainly move fast in our new ward. We moved in to our house May 22, or 4 Saturdays ago. That Sunday they had our records and welcomed us into the ward. Two weeks later, on June 5, we were called to work in the Primary. Ian gets to teach the 9, 10, & 11 year old boys, and I get to work in the Nursery with Steven. And today we gave our talks in Church. I'm glad to get it over with. No more suspense, wondering when we will be asked to get up in front of everybody and give a talk. No more wondering what callings we will recieve. It is all taken care of. All within a little over 3 weeks.

I had been asked to talk on Elder L. Tom Perry's General Conference talk, "Mothers teaching Children in the Home". I think the talk went well. If I had asked Ian, I am sure he would say that I spent too much time reading my talk, but I get too nervous to remember it all. And I used a quote from Rebecca, when she blogged about how she was planning to do devotional with her kids and how she kept thinking she would do it "later". What made giving the talks just a little bit easier was that a member of the ward offered to help watch our kids as we spoke. We actually sat in the front row of the congregation instead of on the stand, and we used their help to walk around with Samantha while I spoke, and sat with Sarah and Steven while I fed Samantha and Ian spoke. It was nice not to have to worry about the kids.

And now for some gratuitous pictures:

Sarah playing "you can't catch me on camera!"

Steven chillin' in Samantha's carseat at the park

Samantha sleeping on her Daddy

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I always love your pictures!! And I know what you mean about the wondering when and what... I think it's extra hard to give a talk when you don't know anyone that is listening. Extra nervous-making, I think. I'm sure you were wonderful. I would have listened! :) M