Steven loves to read. I can't believe that I don't have any pictures of Steven reading. Sometimes he brings me some of his favorite books to read, and sometimes he sits there with the book on his lap, reading to himself. I don’t think it matters what book he is reading. Last week as we cleaned the apartment, he sat on the floor paging through the phone book for a good 30 minutes, and cried when I tried to take it away. His current favorite book is “The Going to Bed Book” by Sandra Boynton. The other night I went into his room to check on him and he had fallen asleep with the book in his hand. If his eyes hadn’t been closed, I would have thought that he was still reading the book.
The next best thing to reading a book is playing on the computer. He doesn't know how to do anything on the computer, but he sees his mom and his sister typing or clicking away, and he wants to do the same.
Sometimes Steven tries to be a big helper. He likes to help with laundry. He tries to put laundry in the washing machine and gets mad because he is too short to reach. But he likes to help me transfer the clothes to the dryer. The best part is when he tries to help me fold clothes. Steven will pick up an article of clothing, hold it under his chin for a moment, bunch it up into a ball and put it in the folded clothes pile. All I can do is laugh and thank him for his help, while I refold his clothes.
Steven has lots of curly hair. I keep looking at him and thinking that I need to trim his hair again, but I keep putting it off. I mean, look at all those cute curls!!
I took the next picture of him last night. He is lying on his pillow with his feet up against the wall. The head of the bed is on Steven's left.
Steven is really good about saying “amen” at the end of a prayer, and if he thinks a prayer is too long, he says “Amen!” in the middle of it. Loudly. And when he gets to the end of a book or story,
2 comments:
What a fantastic post!! It's so nice to learn about your kids, especially since I don't get to be there to see it myself! You're amazing. M
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. It is nice to feel like I have more time to post things and not need to spend as much time unpacking boxes.
Post a Comment