Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Bob, What are the Philippines?"

This morning as I did Sarah's hair for church, we watched the VeggieTales version of David and Goliath, or "Dave and the Giant Pickle". In this video, Bob the Tomato is narrating the story to Larry the Cucumber, and when he gets to the part about the Philistines, Larry interrupts and asks, "Bob, what are the Philippines?" And Bob responds, "They are a group of islands off the coast of Southeast Asia. But that's not important now. The Philistines were people who hated Isreal."

The reason I bring this up is because today at Stake Conference a 14 year old boy got up to speak about how his father's call to be Mission President in the Philippines was affecting him. He spoke about how he was first excited to be going to a new country and then sad that he would be leaving behind all the he was familiar with. The then went on to say that if David, who was a little guy, could do big things and conquer Goliath, then he (the speaker) could conquer his fear of the unknown.

Halfway through the talk, I leaned over to Ian and asked, "Bob, what are the Philippines?"


Sarah's hair on Thursday. I copied Delaney's, but added two small braids on each side to help hold her hair back from her face.

3 comments:

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

I loved the photos of your little reader! And Sarah's hair is SO CUTE!

Rebecca said...

I like the 2 braids to the side. Delaney needed more hair out of the way, but I wasn't sure how to do it. You are so smart. I'm gonna try that next time.... if she has enough hair!

Deborah said...

Thanks!

I know that Mom likes pictures of her Grandkids reading, so I really wanted to get them posted.

And with the braids, I just looped them in with the last ponytail holder.