Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Little Reader

In my last post about Steven, I wrote about how he loves to read, but that I didn't have any pictures of him doing it. I decided to "reck-tify" the situation, so in the last week I remembered to take these pictures of Steven in the act of reading.

Steven doesn't need to be able to understand the story. Most of the time he is happy to just turn pages. In the picture below, he is flipping through the pages of a children's encyclopedia and naming some of the letters he knows.

Thursday night, about 11:30, the power went out, and as soon as it did, Steven started crying. I don't know if he was awake already, or if he somehow noticed all the lights--including his nightlight-- going out. Regardless, he was up, in the dark, and refused to go back to bed without some sort of light. While he was up, I read to him 10 Little Ladybugs, and then he happily sat on the couch, reading to himself.

When Steven goes to bed at night, he asks for his blanket, his stuffed monkey, and a book. It doesn't seem to matter which book he has with him, as long as it is there. Last night when I went in to check on him, this is what I saw:

And that is my little reader.

No comments: