Yesterday morning I was supervising Sarah in the bathroom

(She likes me to be there, but she doesn't want me to help) and I noticed my lipstick in an accessible location. I thought to myself, "I wonder if Sarah has ever gotten into my lipstick when I wasn't paying attention." pause. "No, I'm sure I would have noticed." And then I left the bathroom while Sarah washed her hands.
I should have moved the lipstick tube.
About 5 minutes later, Sarah came out of the bathroom with a little extra red around her lips.
I thought I expressed my displeasure at her act, and took the lipstick away from her. Then I took a few pictures for posterity.
That afternoon, I put an unhappy girl in her room for quiet time, and after about 20 minutes, she did quiet down a little. I thought it was safe to put

Steven in there for his nap. (Sarah and Steven currently share a room in our 2-bedroom apartment.) I open the door, and the first thing I notice is Sarah with even redder lips then before. Then I notice a now empty lipstick tube on her bed, and search her room to find out where the rest of the lipstick went. I discovered that a large amount of it was jammed into the lid of the tube, and that there was now nice shade of "Shell" gracing one of her bedroom walls. Grrr.
So what does one do to clean lipstick off the wall? I didn't know so I called Rebecca. Ironically, she was at that very moment dealing with the same problem. We discovered that Citrus Fresh and Lemon oils work really well on cleaning it off.
And today as I

was uploading the photos for this blog. Sarah noticed and started in on a narrative of yesterday. "I play with Mommy's lipstick. You were very angry." "
Will you ever play with Mommy's lipstick without permission?" "Noooo."
No comments:
Post a Comment