Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bear of a Week

I will start off telling you that Monday was a long day. Especially for Steven. He has started to take his naps later and later. He used to go down for a nap between 9:30 and 10:30, but now prefers to take them after lunch. Though he is not yet consistent with this schedule. Monday I knew that he wouldn't get a nap after lunch because I was going to my 37 week OB appointment at that time. So I tried-- unsuccessfully-- to put him down for a nap at 9:30 and 11:00. He didn't fall asleep. After lunch, I took him and Sarah to a friends house while I went to my appointment. Not to give too much information, I am doing well and starting to dilate.

I returned to pick up Sarah and Steven and stayed to talk with my friend before heading to the grocery store to pick up some items. When we finally got home, I tried to feed Steven some dinner, but by this time Steven was exhausted. Here is a picture of Steven trying to eat something, and failing because he was falling asleep. It was too funny!


His head was wobbling all over the place as he tried to hold it up. He did wake up once when his head hit the table on his left, but it wasn't long before he was nodding off again. I ended up putting him to bed, but he only slept for about 30 minutes. I kept him up long enough to feed him dinner again, and then he slept well that night.

Unfortunately, I did not sleep well. I kept having painful contractions. Nothing consistent. Just uncomfortable. And it continued into the morning. I wasn't enjoying it. I have continued to have contractions all week, but they haven't been too bad.

The last couple of days I have felt like a bear in the fall, getting ready to hibernate. All I have wanted to do all day is eat and sleep! I just hope it means that the baby is coming soon. I am at that point where I think that things are progressing, but I never really know until I get to the doctor's and he checks me to tell me how far along I am. I feel like I will go in for my checkup tomorrow and have the doctor tell me that I have dilated a lot, but am afraid he will say, "Nope. You're still at 2 cm."

No comments: