I decided, after watching Mom cut Steven's hair, that it was something I should be able to do. It just took me a few days to work up the courage and the energy to get down to business. Yesterday I finally found both. I sat him in his chair and got his hair all wet and slicked down. You can see that he had some especially long bangs in front.
When I got done, this is what was on the floor. All those lovely curls.
Here is the finished, dried product. I think it looks pretty good. Steven still has a little bit of curl on top, and it currently looks like I did a pretty even job. Not bad for a first haircut using scissors!
4 comments:
I learned you have to be fast..... and I am not! So when Joshua was little, I'd stuff m&ms in his mouth as I snipped. Now we bribe him with other stuff to get the job done. It does take a while. His hair is so fine you can tell if its not even, and that's hard to get right! curls is more forgiving. You done good!
I actually fed him crackers while I was cutting his hair. And, yes, it made me feel more comfortable cutting his hair knowing that the curls would hide a lot of mistakes that I might make.
You did a good job! I'm proud of you. Curls and stright both carry their own benefits and problems.
Wow! I'm very impressed! I will definitely be padding the wallets of those who know more about hair than me for my children's haircuts! His new haircut looks SO cute! I love it! He's looking like such a big boy!
Post a Comment