I finally went in for my glucose test today. I was scheduled to do it 2 Thursday's ago, but Steven got sick the night before. And as a friend with children had agreed to watch Sarah and Steven, I decided it was best not to share whatever germs Steven had. So now that everyone is better I got it taken care of. Sarah had fun at her friend's house while I was gone and didn't want to come home when I got there to pick her up. And Steven is down for a much needed nap after all his running around.
For both my past pregnancies, I needed to take the 3-hour glucose test after getting questionable results for the 1-hour test. This time, I decided to save myself the hour and just go straight for the 3 hour test. This time when I went in they offered a new flavor of glucose-- lemon-lime. I've always had the orange before, so this time I took the lemon-lime. I don't think that was the best choice. The lemon-lime flavor, while not bad, hardly covered up the sugar flavor. 100 mg is a LOT of sugar. My stomach is churning again just thinking about it. On the plus side, the phlebotomist was very good and there was only a slight pricking with each blood draw. And I had a nice relaxing 3 hours to read a book and work on one of my Christmas Stockings.
Now that I am home, I am facing a dilemma. I'll admit it is not a life or death situation, but merely a good idea/bad idea. Last night I made some yummy peanut butter fudge so that I could give some to the family that watched the kids. A lot of it is still sitting on the counter smelling absolutely delicious. And my mouth wants to eat it. But my belly says, "Don't even think about putting any more sugar down here!" I am currently trying to decide which one I will listen to: My salivating mouth, or my unhappy tummy.
I wish all life's problems were this difficult. :)
UPDATE: While it wasn't necessarily a good idea to eat the fudge yesterday, today both my tummy and my mouth agree that the fudge is yummy. And on the plus side, because I didn't eat much fudge yesterday, there is more for me to enjoy today.
Signs of the Second Coming
14 years ago
1 comment:
Deborah, I love reading your blog,
Post a Comment