Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Whole Lotta Nuthin'

That's what I did tonight. A Whole Lotta Nuthin'. Now how is this different from every other night, you might ask? Well, tonight I had a goal. Something I really wanted to accomplish. Otherwise, I probably would have spent the evening at home, putting kids to bed, doing dishes, folding laundry and watching some TV, while spending some quality time with my husband.

What was I doing that was so important that I spent about 5 hours away from my home and family? Nothing! Or at least a whole lot of waiting. And more waiting. And a little bit of excitement. And a lot of talking to strangers.

The event tonight was that Pioneer Woman came to town, and I wanted to see her. For those of you who don't know, Pioneer Woman-- aka Ree Drummond-- writes a blog about her life as the wife of an Oklahoma rancher. It is a fun blog with beautiful pictures, wonderful stories, and delicious recipes. Tonight she gave about a 20 minute question and answer session and then spent the next 4 hours signing people's books. How do I know that she spent that long signing books? Because I was one of the last people to have a book signed. I also got to talk with her mother-in-law and her sister-in-law, both awfully nice people. And I talked to a bunch of really nice people as we all waited in line to get books signed.

And the Pioneer Woman was just as nice in person as she is in her blog. I am glad I went. For those of you who are not familiar with Pioneer Woman, you can go to her blog at: http://thepioneerwoman.com

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am jealous! How fun for you! I would have gone and waited with you and that would have been even more fun. I'm so glad you went and got to meet PW!

Unknown said...

That must have been fun for you. I know how much you like her blog and the things that she posts, like yummy recipes. If I was there I would have come with you. I didn't know she had a book. Sounds like you had a good time though.