Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sleep is Overrated

Ever since the change in Daylight Savings Time, Steven has felt that 5am is an acceptable time to wake up. I disagree. It is still dark and way too early. So yesterday when Steven let me sleep in til after seven it felt wonderful. When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that there was light outside my window!

But then things started to go downhill. I walked into Steven's room and noticed him standing naked at the foot of the crib, waiting for me. Then I noticed the smell. Poop! I hate poop. As I looked over the situation, I noticed that Steven had pooped in his diaper and then taken it off. And this isn't the nice firm pieces of poop, this is the goopy stuff. (That's what I get for putting him to bed without pajamas on.) Next to his poopy diaper was a poopy circle on the bed and some poop on the pillow. Ick. So I pick Steven up, hold him at arms length, and carry him over to the diaper changing spot. As I lay him down I notice the poop on his hands and the poop on his head. Double Ick. That's when I decided that I would just put him in the shower and clean him off that way.

So my morning consisted of washing all the poop off Steven and his bed and his bedding. Not the way I had hoped to spend my morning. I think I would have preferred to get up early!


UPDATE: (November 15) Ever since the poop incident, Steven has kept his diaper on, and also slept/stayed quiet until after 7am. And now Sarah is the one waking up first.

No comments: