The weathermen were not predicting snow on New Year's, nor did it snow. However, I did wake up to a white New Year's Eve. And it was partly my fault.
Tuesday night, I had made a snack using powdered sugar, and I forgot to put it away. I knew that I should have put the sugar away. Sarah likes to help "cook" and I knew that if I left it out she would want to play with it. There was about 1/2 pound of sugar left in the bag when I went to bed, and none when I got up in the morning.
Wednesday morning, Sarah got up before I did. I'm not sure what she thought she was doing, but by the time I got up, Sarah had gotten to the "cleaning" phase, and there was sugar all over the place. There was powdered sugar on the counter. There was sugar on the kitchen floor. There was sugar in the chair she used to reach the kitchen counter. And there was a lot of powdered sugar on the living room carpet.
There were also paper towels covering the sugar on the counter and linoleum, and Sarah had the broom out and was trying to sweep up some of the sugar from the floor.
Yea. Not real happy about the mess. On the plus side, Sarah was trying to clean up, and it wasn't quite as difficult to clean up as I thought it would be. The sugar was all dry, and vacuums are wonderful things.
Signs of the Second Coming
14 years ago
1 comment:
I just discovered your blog! I'm so excited that you are blogging now too. I just read a bunch of your posts and love seeing what you guys are up to. I totally admire you for going on a Thanksgiving trip on your own. I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to travel with little ones. Sarah's sugar episode is so funny. Did you get a picture? It's great that she was trying to clean it up. I can't believe how big she is getting. And Steven is adorable!
Post a Comment