Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thanksgiving Plans

Because Ian works for the Post Office and wouldn't be able to get the time off, I was previously planning on staying home for Thanksgiving. However, I had an epiphany last night. Eryn (Ian's sister who lives upstairs) was talking to her mom about plans to go to Portland for Thanksgiving, when I realized that I didn't have to stay in Salt Lake for the holiday. I realized that just because Ian has to work, it doesn't mean that I can't take the kids on a road trip to see their grandparents. So I decided to take a little over a week to drive to Oregon and visit with Adam and Savannah on the way to Portland and visit with Ian's family. I am sooo excited. I will be leaving this Thursday and will be coming home Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Ian is, I think, a little bitter that he will be alone for Thanksgiving. He has only mentioned it about 5 times today that he will be alone for Thanksgiving. I think I would feel worse if I hadn't made the turkey last Thursday. And after making that turkey I really didn't feel like doing another one so soon. So extra bonus for me-- I don't have to.

2 comments:

The Halls said...

You are welcome to visit us in McMinnville too. We are about an hour south of Portland. E-mail me at liz@halltechs.com or give me a call at (503) 472-4455 if you'de like to stop by. We will be around for Thanksgiving too.

Rebecca said...

I love it! You go girl! Way to be independent and take charge of life. Have fun traveling with kids.... hee hee hee!