It took me some time to cook the turkey. I was looking for a store-bought brine/flavor packet, but I didn't want to spend $16 at Williams-Sonoma. I finally found a recipe online for a flavored brine and put it in action on Thursday. The turkey turned out pretty well. It was moist and tasty and didn't taste like paper bag like my last turkey experiment. So I served the turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy and salad. Here was the spread:
It's a little meager, I know, but I didn't want everything else to overpower the tiny turkey. And now I don't feel like making a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. So maybe I will have a ham.
2 comments:
You aren't going anywhere? I don't want to cook, but I also don't really want to go anywhere! I'm a putz.
Sorry, I realized I meant to also say, WOW Great job on your turkey! It does look yummy and all professional too. And its hard for me to foray beyond the bag as well. Maybe I shall try PW's recipe too. I did okay roasting a whole chicken last month! But we have a 20 pound turkey. (I LOVE turkey leftovers!)
Post a Comment