Friday, August 20, 2010

Best Friends

For the most part, Sarah has enjoyed living in our new house.  There is one thing about living in our new house that makes Sarah sad--  She lives so far away from her best friend.  (I know that far away is a relative term.  We are only about 20 minutes away, but still, she doesn't get to see her every Sunday at Church and all the other unplanned meetings that come from living about a block or two away.)

And while we were looking for our house, Sarah had additional opportunities to spend time with her friend as we looked at some of the properties for sale, because her mother was our realtor.  Here is Sarah and her friend as we inspected our new house before we purchased it.  Too cute!
Sarah and her BFF hanging out at our new house before it was ours

Sarah and her friend love spending time together.  Sarah was excited to go to her friend's birthday party last month.
Waiting for cake!
 And they hate it when it is time to leave each other.  When it comes time to go home, we have to search our car for stowaways.  Sometimes, we hear their plans:  "When its time for you to leave, you can hide under my bed in my room."  "When you have to go, I will hide under the seat in your van!"

Two weeks ago, I got a call asking if Sarah could go to her friend's house for a playdate.  After the playdate was arranged, the two friends got to talk to each other on the phone.  They talked for a good 20 minutes.  This is what I saw halfway through the conversation.
I have a teenager already!
It was fun to listen to parts of their conversation:  lots of silly jokes and laughter as well as some plans on how they could stay together when the playdate was over!

And when the playdate was over, we did have a little difficulty finding Sarah and her friend.  It turns out they were anticipating Sarah's departure time and hid themselves under the canoe in the backyard!  Silly girls!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is too funny! Smart to hide under the canoe too!

Daniel said...

I love the "talking on the phone" pose. So silly!

Smendrick said...

Cute pictures!

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

Fun to see the best friends! I hope they can stay best friends.