Thursday, July 22, 2010

4 Months

On July 9 I took Samantha in for her 4 month check up.  She was 14 lbs, 12 oz and 23 1/2 inches long.  Which means that either she didn't grow in length in the last 2 months, or they measured her wrong at one of the appointment.
Here she is on her blanket
Samantha has been doing a lot of fun things lately.  In the picture below, she has completed one of her first rolls from back to front.
June 21, 2010
This rolling over thing is not without peril.  Samantha frequently rolls over in her crib, and her feet or arms would get stuck in the slats.
June 25, 2010
I finally put the bumpers up in the crib.  I have had them as long as I have had the crib, but never before understood why they were needed.  One afternoon after her nap, I came in to see her looking for me!  What a cutie girl.
July 15, 2010

Here is the outfit she wore for July 4.  It reminds me of the one Denali wore.
Patriotic baby

Samantha is my sociable girl.  She loves smiling at everyone.  She is a joy to have a round and makes everyone happy. 
She looks like she knows something you don't
 And you gotta love her little dimple!  I wonder if it will stay.
 
July 14, 2010
And last night I tried to take a picture of her smiling, but every time I took a picture, she closed her eyes against the flash, like this:
"No more bright lights, please!"
She is also sitting up better.  She can't do it on her own, but loves to be sitting up.  Whether it is on your lap or in the bumpo seat.  She is getting better at it, and I feel that pretty soon she will be sitting up all on her own.

Samantha has just recently discovered her toes.  She likes to grab and hold them.  She has also discovered her fingers.  She loves to put her fingers in her mouth.  Usually it is the middle two fingers.  I'm not sure how I feel about Samantha soothing herself with her fingers.  I like that it lets me sleep longer at night, but I wonder if I should try to substitute a pacifier for the fingers.



4 comments:

Savannah said...

Wow! That dress is VERY similar to Denali's! How fuN!

Rebecca said...

Samantha is super cute! She has the same round head and full lips that my kids have. I love the peeking over the bumper shot and the eyes closed, "swimming" on the floor picture. So adorable!

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

Wow! You have a really cute kid!. I'm really looking forward to seeing Samantha and all the little... and not so little... ones when we get home.

Unknown said...

SOOO CUTE!! I can't wait to meet the little cutie pie!