Sunday, May 2, 2010

Visit from "Bopba"

Ian's parents left yesterday. They came almost two weeks ago to visit. Whenever we asked Steven to say "grandma" or "grandpa" it seemed to come out as "Bopba", hence the title of this post.

Ian was able to get three days off last week so that we could spend the days doing fun things together. Tuesday (April 20) we went shooting. Ian, his parents, a couple friends and I went out to a deserted area and had some fun shooting at targets.
Ian and his dad had the most fun.

Steven came with us, and we made sure he had the proper ear protection.

Wednesday we were able to go look at "our" house and see if a discovered leak in the bathroom was as bad as feared or if it was a simple fix. Ian's parents came as well. It turns out that the leak and damages were a simple fix that had already been taken care of, as well as the other repairs we had asked for. It was nice that the in-laws were able to see the new house.

Thursday (April 22) we went to the Aerospace Museum. They had a lot of aircraft and historical information. We had fun wandering around the hangers and looking at the jets and helicopters and things. They also had an educational center where kids could have fun. That's where Sarah, Samantha and I spent the most time.

Sarah had fun there. There were volunteers who showed Sarah some of the activities (how a ping pong ball will stay suspended over a hair dryer, how the wing flaps and tail help an airplane stay on course) They also had a couple cockpits that the children could sit in, but Sarah refused. "I'm afraid I'll be scared!"

After we had explored the inside, we headed outside to see the outdoor display. We had not looked at these aircraft earlier due to the snow! But after noon, the sun had come out, and as long as the wind wasn't blowing, it was quite nice.

Steven enjoyed running around in the open and following everyone.


Sarah also liked looking at the planes and touching them. Maybe she enjoyed it so much because she couldn't touch the ones inside. ("Only statue people can touch those planes.")


Samantha was happy as long as she was being held. But it was a long morning. Steven was ready for a nap as soon as he got in the car. This is what he looked like about 5 minutes after we headed for home!

While Ian's parents were here, we were able to bless Samantha (on April 25). Mom and Dad called right before we left for church and asked for pictures. Unfortunately, I hadn't even thought about taking pictures before we left for Church and so they almost didn't happen. I only got a couple of pictures of Samantha in her blessing outfit using the camera on Ian's phone. As soon as I figure out how to get the pictures from the phone onto the computer I will post them.

I did take pictures of the little ones the week before, and here they are, ready for Church.

Sarah loves Samantha and takes every opportunity to hold her.

Aren't they cute!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Way cute hair on Sarah! I tried something new and will eventually post pictures. I love it when the big kids love the new baby!

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

Thanks for the great blog, Deborah. I'm so glad you had fun with Ian's parents.