Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

First, here is a gratuitous picture of Samantha buried in a blanket. Isn't she a cutie? I think so. :)


We had a nice quiet Easter, trying to enjoy General Conference. I say trying because I find it terribly distracting to have 2 kids running around the living room, and a third one asking to be held and fed. I remember thinking during some of the talks, "That's a great point!" or "Great story!" but now I don't remember exactly what the point or the story was. Good thing there is the Conference issue of the Ensign coming out soon.


Between the two sessions of General Conference, I took Sarah upstairs to look for Easter Eggs. She really enjoyed finding the eggs and only needed a couple hints.



I had a fun time staging some pictures as she looked for the eggs.

After she collected all the eggs, I had to take a picture of her with a full bucket. I like the fact that a 4-year-old is happy with a bucket of only a dozen eggs and doesn't feel like she needs more. The picture below was the last in a series of attempts to capture Sarah with a full bucket.

Before I got this picture, I told Sarah to say, "Happy Easter!" and the results were not the best. Somehow Sarah kept screwing up her face on the word "Easter!" and this is the typical picture I got:


I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter and was able to remember (amid all the candy, eggs and bunnies) Christ and his sacrifice.

3 comments:

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

Cute pictures! Happy Easter. I decided I would turn on the conference sessions again and again over the next couple of days when I was close to the computer and could listen as I did other things-- eating, handwork, etc. www.lds.org Mom

Rebecca said...

I know what you mean. There were so many great things and I remember thinking they were great statements, but I couldn't tell you what was said right now. I love that we can go through the Ensign later. And I do drag the kids to the chapel for the Sunday AM session, and I never get much out of that one!

Daniel said...

What cute pictures! Course, it helps that you have really cute kids. And good for you for being good, even when it doesn't feel like it's working! You're amazing!