| Rainbow Cake |
Yes, I realize now, that my rainbow is backwards, but when I was decorating it with skittles, I was certain I was putting it in the right order. And Sarah and her friends never noticed.
So for her party, we played a few games and then opened presents and ate cake.
First we colored pictures while we waited for everyone to arrive. I tried to find a number of different pictures of rainbows so everyone had a choice of what to color.
| Such serious artists |
Here is the the final picture gallery.
Sarah's pictures (3 of them) are the one in the top right and the two middle ones on the left. Mine is on the bottom right.
Then we played "Pin the pot of gold to the end of the rainbow."
| "Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" |
Sarah's piece (blue and on the bookshelf) was closest, Sunny (red) would have been closest if the wall had extended further to the left, and M (Yellow) was the only one on the right wall. M's head is hiding the rainbow, but the green X is what everyone was aiming for.
Then we dropped skittles into cups. They all had fun with that, and then got to keep all their skittles.
And then it was presents and cake time. Everyone enjoyed the cake,
Even Samantha
Steven was just glad to finally be allowed to touch the cake-- I felt like I had spent a large amount of time keeping Steven from picking the Skittles off the cake.
All in all, I feel like it was a successful birthday party. There was cake and games and presents, and fun was had by all.
3 comments:
So clever! I think you are so smart to think of such fun games and stuff for the party. And I can't believe how much all of your children are growing up!
Yay for a successful birthday party and hooray for it being over! It looked like it went well, and Sarah had fun, so that's all that matters.
How fun! Looks like a great party! I think it's great you let Sarah pick the theme!
Post a Comment