As a parent, you know that you will teach your child many things. But there are some things that you don't think you will need to teach your child. Like how to eat an ice cream cone. The other day I had some drumstick ice cream cones-- you know, the ones that are dipped in chocolate and topped with peanuts-- and gave Sarah and Steven one each. Sarah had no problem with hers, but Steven seemed unsure of where to start. And once he did start, he was concerned about all the peanuts falling off. "I mess," he whined. So I removed the chocolate coating with its offending peanuts, and showed Steven how to lick the cone.
He seemed to be doing well, so I left him and this is what I saw a little later:
A little unconventional, but still a workable solution to eating a cone.
Unless you-- like Steven-- are concerned with neatness, and all your ice cream falls out of your cone! I came back a little later when I heard Steven crying, "I boke it!"
Who knew eating an ice cream cone would be so traumatic?
Such a sad face! It all turned out well, in the end. I put the "broken" ice cream in a bowl and gave Steven a spoon, and that fixed it. He happily finished the cone and started in on the ice cream using the spoon.
Silly boy!
Signs of the Second Coming
14 years ago
3 comments:
How very entertaining! I do know a good therapist for his OCD.... hee, hee!
How cute; you have a sweet young son there, cherish his neatness!
The story is so much better with the pictures. Great post!
Post a Comment