I think it is interesting the way that children develop. Today I want to show you some changes in artwork over time.
Sarah always seemed a little slow in the drawing department. Whenever we went into her Well-child visits and they asked about how she colored or drew, it seemed that she hadn't reached that point yet. But it seems that she has grown into using crayons and paper. I don't have any examples of Sarah's early work, partially because there wasn't much to show.
Last year she drew this:
 |
| "Mom in a dress and a little Sarah" |
Her people still look very similar (a big head with lines for arms and legs sticking out), but sometimes their accessories change (glasses, bows in the hair, crowns). But now she does other things, too, like flowers:
 |
| "Sparkles" |
Or characters from movies she has seen:
 |
| Wall-E and Eve |
And sometimes she uses a different medium. After she made this, she told me she wanted to give it to Grandpa.
 |
| "Grandpa's Garden" |
Steven has also gotten into the artwork act. But he seems to use a little more color and longer lines that Sarah did at his age (after nursery on Sunday, I was lucky to get a paper with crayon dots from Sarah!) Here is one of Steven's first uses of crayon and paper:
1 comment:
I liked Grandpa's Garden! Thank you Sarah for thinking about us.
Post a Comment