Saturday, October 10, 2009

Crochet Kick

Over the last month or so I have been doing a lot of crocheting. It started with our ward having a "ward fair" on September 19. I wanted to have something to display, so I decided to make a blanket. I chose a pattern I had done for one of my nieces, and tried to do the full pattern (last time I did it, I made it a little smaller. I made about 50 of these little spiral patterns. . .

. . . and assembled them into the full-sized blanket. Well, almost full sized. Evidently my gauge was a little off, so my spirals were about 8 inches across instead of 10 inches across. But I think the blanket turned out well. Here is the final product, with Sarah on top to show for size.

This is now Sarah's blanket, and she really likes it.

A while ago, Miranda and Dan sent me some yarn they had acquired, and in the bag were some skeins of coordinating yellow, green and blue yarn. I decided I wanted to try to make a purse from that yarn. Here is my first attempt:

It was fun to make, and I liked the flower accent. I gave it to Sarah for her birthday and she loves it. I also made one in blue:

I still need to make the strap, but I really like how the flower turned out-- especially the leaves. Here is a close-up:


Then Sarah started asking me to make her a "Belle dress" out of the yellow yarn. I definitely didn't have enough yarn to make a dress for Sarah, but I wondered if I could make something a little smaller. I started working on the dress, and when Sarah noticed, she asked if the dress was for her "Baby Angel" doll. So I made the dress to fit "Baby Angel". Here is Sarah's doll in the yellow dress.

And still feeling like I needed to crochet some more, I found a simple pattern and made a sample square about 10"x10". I really like the pattern and have decided to make it into a baby blanket. I have just started working on that blanket, so no picture at this time.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those are all WAY cute! I love the swirly pattern the blanket made when assembled. And your flowers are adorable. Nice work.

Savannah said...

WOW! You are so talented! Those are all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

These are so cute!!! If we didn't already have a swirly blanket I would be jealous. I read through your blog and it was pretty funny. I especially loved the one about your landlord coming over to do some work. I am sorry you still have to deal with that, not much longer though right?

Wendy and Rick said...

I love that blanket. If you are ever in need of finding someone to appreciate your fine work I would be more than happy to send you my address.