Sunday, March 1, 2009

Better You Than Me!

Have you ever had anyone tell you about something that happened to them, and it makes you wince and think, "I'm so glad it happened to you and not to me!"

Last week during the Relief Society meeting, my friend Robin leaned over to me and said, "I just learned that it is possible to give your baby a bath in the sink in the Mother's Room." Evidently her 12 month old son had so thoroughly messed in his diaper that it necessitated the emergency bath in the sink. I can only imagine how bad it was.

I think Robin's experience is worse than my, "I learned that it is possible to change a poopy diaper on the center console of my car."

Do any of you have a story like that to share? Something that happened to you, or something that happened to a friend? It doesn't have to be kid related. It could be, "I learned why you don't jump on horses when they don't expect it" or "I learned why you don't thread kitchen knives through the cuckoo clock pull chains before inserting them into power outlets."

Please share, I would love to hear those stories.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

This definitely falls into the TMI category! When we moved out of Little Rock, I drove to MH with Joshua (2) and Marian (4 months). I left about an hour before Dan and the van, and I stopped for dinner at a fast food joint on the way out of town. BAD idea. I felt tummy grumblings shortly thereafter and stopped at a nice state campground to attempt to head off gastrointestinal issues. I got back in the car and continued on my way. And then discovered I was in real trouble. I frantically searched for anywhere to stop and finally found a boondocky scout camp ground with a section of portapotties.

I think I mentioned that I was traveling with a 2 year old and an infant. I will spare you the horrid details, but Dan (who left an hour after I did), arrived nearly an hour before me with the truck. I discovered it is not possible to keep a 2 year old from touching everything, and it is possible to nurse a baby while sitting on a potty with the door open so you can see said 2 year old racing around outside. It was a horrible, horrible experience and I hope you never endure it yourself!

Deborah said...

I agree. That is pretty bad. And I totally understand the dilemma of what to do with two young ones.