This is how the conversation went:
"Hello?"
-Pause on my end, as the voice was not what I was expecting. Is it Joshua? A babysitter? "Is your mom there?"
"What?"
-Slower this time in case I spoke too fast the last time. "Is your mother home?"
"No. She went to the (something) Ward today."
"Oh. Will you tell her that her sister Deborah called?"
"You could leave a message."
"Umm. OK. . . . " I say as I try to figure out how. I thought I had just done so. Then I hear. . .
"You could leave it on the answering machine. I think she checks it every time she comes in."
"Thanks. I'll just talk to her later. Bye."
"Thanks. I'll just talk to her later. Bye."
I decided to wait a couple hours and call her back to find out if I could make certain substitutions.
2 comments:
haha gotta love the nieces and nephews!
That is too funny!! I'm so glad you shared! M
Post a Comment