So I saved some of my cookie dough and rolled it into small balls.
Then I whipped up a batch of brownies and placed the balls into the batter. Some, I pressed down and others I laid on top. I followed the baking directions and cooked the brownies for baked it at 350 for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, the brownies were completely cooked.
Verdict: Not a failure. This is one instance where I agree with Dad's philosophy of taste-- That adding a 10 and a 10 doesn't equal 20. Cookies are great and brownies are great, but adding them together this way did not make the dish super-great.
I know that isn't a rousing success, but at least they didn't suck. If I were to do this again, I would (1) make the cookie balls smaller, so that I could put more in. (2) I would place them closer together-- I thought the cookie dough would spread out, so I spaced accordingly, but I think the cooked balls were about the same size as the uncooked balls. Also, (3) I wouldn't bother pushing the dough into the batter, because it didn't make a difference to the way the balls cooked. And lastly, (4) I would cook the brownies for about 25 minutes (instead of 30) to make the brownies more moist (my favorite part of the brownie is the middle, when it is nice and soft and moist.
No comments:
Post a Comment